National online lending sites promise a lot. But they don't mention hidden fees, shifting rates and customer frustrations that come with finding a loan designed for rural communities like ours. Independence Bank has loans tailored for the Hi-Line. When it comes to purchasing or refinancing a home, get real deals from real people, face to face.
- Local rates competitive with national online lenders
- Time to answer all your questions
- No hidden costs, no surprises at closing
Talk to us about a loan program designed to meet your needs.
Before you buy your next home, call your local Independence Bank lender today.
Personal Real Estate Loans
Residential Real Estate – 1 to 4 Family
At Independence Bank our Real Estate Lending Team is with you from start to finish on your real estate loan. We offer a pre-approval process to help you get into your new home faster and a wide variety of loan products:
Secondary Market Loans
- Conventional Loans – 15-20-30 year variable & fixed rates
- First Time Home Buyers
- Montana Board of Housing (MBOH) Loans
- Rural Development (RD) Loans
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Loans
- Veterans Administration (VA) Loans
- Neighborhood Housing Services (NHS) Loans
In-House Real Estate Loans
Real Estate loan held by Independence Bank that either does not meet Secondary Market loan conditions, is a non-conforming real estate loan, or provides additional options such as real estate loans for investment purposes, short amortizations, unique properties, rural area home purchases/refinances and small acreages
- First Mortgage
- Second Mortgage
- Lot Loans
- Mobile Home Loans
Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
A Home Equity Line of Credit is secured by the equity in your home and may provide the benefit of tax deductible interest (please consult with your tax advisor).
Home Equity Fixed Rate Plan Disclosure
Home Equity Variable Rate Plan Disclosure
What You Should Know About Home Equity Lines of Credit
Real Estate loan for the purpose of constructing a new residence or remodeling your existing home.
An escrow is documents, real estate, securities, monies, etc. deposited with a neutral third party (the escrow agent) to be delivered only upon the fulfillment of a condition. Independence Bank acts as the escrow agent, holding documents and acting for both parties in accordance with instructions. This includes handling payments and disbursements, issuing 1099’s and 1098’s, and the optional reserve account for taxes and insurance. Please contact one of our escrow agents in the Havre branch if you have any questions.
Starting the Process…
Call or stop in at any Independence Bank location to talk to one of our Real Estate Lending Team members.
Independence Bank - NMLS #462921
Havre, Conrad, & Poplar
- Karene Faber, AVP Consumer Lending - NMLS #473305
- Christy Baker-Smith, Real Estate Loan Officer - NMLS #813203
- Jennifer Anderson, Retail Mortgage Officer Trainee - NMLS #857565
- Suzanne Boyd, Loan Officer - NMLS #1572221
- Traci Sorensen, Mortgage Loan Processor - NMLS #1578375
- Katlyn Kenyon, Residential Real Estate Loan Assistant - NMLS #1526367
- Juli Snedigar, Loan Officer - NMLS #1322513
- Barbie Gray, Loan Assistant - NMLS #1570369
Glasgow & Scobey
- Winsor Chang, Mortgage Lender Trainee - NMLS #1570629
Use our online home mortgage calculator to estimate your loan payments.
To begin the application process, please click on the link below. Please complete the application online, print it out, sign, and return it to your Independence Bank branch.
Real Estate Loan Application
Real Estate Loan Application Checklist
In order to process your loan application as quickly as possible we have compiled a checklist of the documents and information that is required from the borrower and the co-borrower(s) to complete the loan application. We may require additional information and documentation depending on the circumstances of your loan. Please have this information available at your initial interview with one of our real estate lenders:
- Completed Real Estate Loan Packet – The Real Estate Loan Packets are available at any Independence Bank branch location. For assistance is completing your loan application please contact one of our mortgage lenders in Havre, Malta or Glasgow.
In order to provide you, our valued customer, prompt response, the following items should be supplied with the completed packet:
- Previous 2 years Federal Tax Returns (with all schedules attached)
- Previous 2 years W2’s for all borrowers
- If commissioned income, please bring last 2 years signed Federal Tax returns with all schedules
- If self employed, please bring last 2 years signed Federal Tax Returns with all Schedules and year to date Profit and Loss Statement and Balance Sheet
- Current Pay stub with Year To Date totals (if pay stub does not have YTD totals, please supply 1 consecutive month worth of pay stubs)
- Most current Bank Statements on all accounts, Investments, and Retirement. All pages of bank statements required.
- Final Purchase Agreement and Listing Sheet
- Copy of Driver’s License
- Landlord Name & Address for past 2 years (purchase only)
- Copy of Divorce Decree and Child Support Verification (if applicable)
- Payment of Appraisal Fee (Lender will request payment for the appraisal after the applicant has signed the Intent to Proceed, per regulation)
- Home Owners Insurance Information
- VA Loans will require additional documentation as follows:
- Certificate of Eligibility
- Housing Card (active duty)
- Statement of Service (active duty)
- DD214 (non active duty)
- Permission to reside off base (active duty)
Providing this information with your application packet will assure you have the information we need to better serve you.