IB Visa® Debit Card features
* ATMs not owned by Independence Bank may impose a transaction fee.
We've got spirit...and so can you!
Independence Bank School Spirit Debit Cards allow you to represent your local schools and raise money for them each time you use your card. Our School Spirit Debit Cards are now available with our Instant Issue service. Replace your current debit card, or open a new checking account with IB, and select the participating school you would like to support. Independence Bank will donate 5 cents for each transaction you make using your debit card to the school represented on your card. Cardholders will keep their current card number and your School Spirit Debit Card will be activated immediately. This is a great way for Independence Bank and our customers to work together to support our local public school systems.
Big Sandy Pioneers
We are proud to also have Montana State University-Northern as a participating school in our School Spirit Debit Card Program.
Get your new Debit Card instantly!
Whether you are opening an account and need a debit card, or you have to replace a lost debit card, we can get a new card in your hands instantly.
You will have your debit card in your wallet in minutes with Independence Bank's Instant Issue service. All of our IB branches are now able to print debit cards in-house and on-demand. No more waiting for a new card. Convenience is key with Instant Issue! Stop into your local branch any time and walk out with an activated debit card in your hand.
Instant Issue details...
You’ll know when we know.
Independence Bank offers Text Alerts to notify our debit card customers of suspected fraud. These alerts are immediate, so you will know what’s happening with your account as soon as we know.
When fraud is detected, a text message will be sent to the mobile phone number on file. If you choose to opt out of this service, you will only receive fraud notifications via a phone call.
Here is how it works...
1. When fraud is detected, a text will be automatically sent to the number on file. (If you choose to opt out of this service, you will only receive fraud notifications via a phone call.)
2. The text will tell you a suspicious transaction for $X.XX at XXSTOREXX was done at XX:XXpm and ask if you initiated the transaction.
3. If you do not respond in 15 minutes, you will get a phone call and a voicemail message. You have 72 hours to respond.
4. If you respond that you did initiate the transaction, no action will be taken against your card.
5. If you respond that you did NOT initiate the transaction, your debit card will be locked for 24 hours until the bank is able to resolve the issue.
Questions? Please call or visit your local branch, or call 800.823.2274.
During business hours
Contact your Independence Bank Branch
After regular business hours
Please call our toll-free number - 800-823-2274.